Day 1: Ten things you want to say to ten people right now.Day 2: Nine things about yourself.
Day 3: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day 4: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day 5: Six things you wish you'd never done.
Day 6: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever).
Day 7: Four turn offs.
Day 8: Three turn ons.
Day 9: Two images that describe your life right now, and why.
Day 10: One confession
9 things about myself...should be relatively easy, right?
1. First, the basics - mid thirties, lawyer, married for over a decade, two kids, house in the inner DC burbs. Gee, that sounds boring. Can we get more interesting with number 2? Probably.
2. I love to sing and was classically trained by a former Italian opera star in high school. Haven't done much other than lullabys in the past few years, but I still dream of singing professionally some day.
3. My sense of humor is...snarky to say the least. But it usually reflects fondness. Or incredible contempt. But I think it's usually pretty clear which one. (At least I hope so!)
4. I tend to occilate between being really politically active and not so much. I started drifting a bit off of being really intensely involved in online activism during the last trimester of my pregnancy last year, picked up again a bit during the fall, but generally am waning a bit right now. I need to start taking a step back for my own mental health and energy - I am still very aware and willing to call things out when I see them, but I also need to be more ready and willing to step away and not fall into the xkcd 386 trap
all the time. To that end, I'm also trying to avoid the computer as much as possible on weekends. We'll see how that works.
5. Among everything else, I fancy myself a writer. That implies a certain level of actually writing, which is part of what I'm trying to kickstart here. I haven't actually been published in ages and ages and ages, but that can change, right? Part of this, I think is learning to just write the damn thing and then let go for a while. I get completely bogged down in blog entries, trying to be all eloquent and stuff. I'm working on just saying what I want to say and throwing it out there.
6. I have way too much perfume. By which I mean hundreds of 5ml bottles of BPAL. I am also pretty much completely brand loyal, if not scent loyal, on this point. My feelings about brand loyalty tend to waver - I'm also pretty brand loyal to Fluevog shoes and I try to buy things like jewelry from my friends, or at least via etsy where possible. Other stuff I'm all over the map on.
7. I almost always have to be doing more than one thing at a time. There are clearly exceptions to this, but even if it's just doodling during a scintallating conversation, I am almost always doing something with my hands while doing pretty much anything else.
8. I have a gigantic sweet tooth, I love red meat, cheese, scotch, beer and all sorts of other stuff that isn't really that good for me. Right now I want a cupcake. And a scotch and soda. And maybe some mashed potatoes. Although perhaps not all together.
9. I have many, many "win the lottery and quit my dayjob" fantasies, which include starting a bookstore/coffee shop, dedicating myself to writing the novel(s) in my head, starting a band, trying to get on TV as a talking head...the list, it boggles.